rite is an open-source, minimalist text editor designed for use with Markdown.
rite also has a cloud backup solution called rite cloud.
- Flexible - rite can be used completely offline, or as a client for Rite Cloud.
- Fast - rite is built on a lightweight Rust core and starts up instantly.
- Small footprint - rite ships as a tiny binary and has RAM usage in the tens of megabytes.
- Encrypted cloud storage with instant publishing
- Blog system - Rite lets you publish your documents as blogs directly from Rite Cloud. See the blog page for more details.
To learn about using rite and Rite Cloud, head over to the guide.
You can also set up your own cloud instance by following the steps on the Rite Cloud GitHub.
This all sounds pretty great, how much do you want?
rite is free, open-source software under the terms of the MIT License. There's no price tag. This instance of rite-cloud will remain free forever. However, if you'd like to help out with hosting costs, I do accept donations — give what you can! You can also contribute by reporting bugs, requesting features, and submitting PRs to the GitHub repos.